Adding a new employee is easy. There are two ways to start, and we’ll walk you through each step. Today, we’ll be showing you how to add a new staffer yourself, but if you prefer to have your employees self-onboard, we have a helpful article on Inviting an Employee.
From your OnPay Dashboard, click the plus sign (+) under My Team at the top of the page
Click on Workers on the left-side menu.
- Build your team will open, select Add an Employee from the menu
- Click on the Start button to begin entering your employee’s information. You’ll be taken through four easy steps: Basics, Withholding, Banking, and Personnel Items.
- Enter the Employee’s Name, Personal information, Job Details, and information in any custom fields you’ve created. Note: You also have the option to invite an employee to fill out their Personal Information from this page by checking the box under Invite Employee.
- If you need to create a new job title under Job Details, click on the box and begin typing. Hit enter to save the new title.
- Once you’ve completed all sections, click “Continue”
- Next, enter their Federal and state tax withholding elections using their W-4 and state tax forms. Click “Continue”
- If the employee has requested their paycheck by direct deposit, enter their bank information on the Bank Accounts page. Click Add Account to save.
Note that once saved, you can edit a bank account by clicking on the three dots next to the account number on the Bank Accounts page.
If the employee wants to split their paycheck between two accounts such as a checking and a savings account, click on Split Check after entering the first bank’s information to add a deposit account.
- If your employees does not want to be paid by direct deposit, leave this screen blank and click, “Continue”.
- Last, you’ll be taken to the Personnel Items page.
- Here, select a type of file Checklist. These electronic folders will replace your paper ones and include forms such as W-4, I-9, Handbook sign-off, or other policy acknowledgments. These forms and checklists can also be customized to your company's needs.
- Click on the “Upload” button to add a document to the employee’s file.
- Or click “Add Task” for the employees to send a request to the employee to sign the forms electronically.
- To complete adding a new employee, click “Create” button