- Unemployment Account Number
- Unemployment Tax Rate
- Alabama Employment Security Assessment Rate (ESA) Rate
What we'll cover
Where to find your tax information
Refer to the most recent Unemployment Compensation Division Tax Rate Notice (Form UC-216F) you received from the state
- Your Alabama Employment Account Number can be found in box 2
- Your Unemployment Tax Rate can be found in Box 6
- Your Alabama Employment Security Assessment (ESA) Rate can be found in box 7
- Enter these rates separately in OnPay
Where to enter your rate in OnPay
Go to Company, then Payroll Taxes.
Select Alabama (if you pay employees in multiple states).
Use the Update buttons to enter both your Alabama SUI rate and your Alabama Employment Security Assessment Rate separately.
In the pop-up calendar above "Choose Effective Date", select the first date that this rate applies, then enter your rate as a percent in the next field.
Click Save when you're done.