- Alaska Unemployment ID
- Unemployment Tax Rate and effective date
What we'll cover
Where to find your UI tax information
Existing Colorado Employer:
- Refer to the most recent Unemployment Insurance Rate Notice you received from the state
- Your Unemployment Tax Rate can be found in Box 7 or 8
- Your Colorado Surcharge Rate can be found in box 9
- Add these two rates together and enter the sum in OnPay (↓see where↓)
New Colorado Employer: Register with the Colorado Department of Labor
- Register with the Colorado Department of Revenue by registering with MyBiz Colorado→
- This will also register you with the Department of Labor for unemployment insurance
- Fill out the questionnaire and register your business
- After completing your submission, you can download a Temporary copy of your Colorado License(s) from your MyBiz dashboard
- Once you receive your UI rate, enter it in OnPay by following the steps in the next section
Where to enter your rate in OnPay
Go to Company, then Payroll Taxes.
Select Colorado (if you pay employees in multiple states).
Click Update under "Colorado SUI" to enter the rate found in your Unemployment Insurance Rate Notice.
In the pop-up calendar above "Choose Effective Date", select the first date that this rate applies, then enter your rate as a percent in the next field.
Click Save when you're done.