When I Work is an employee scheduling app that tracks time and attendance while improving communication and accountability among your team. And when you integrate When I Work with OnPay, managing and paying employees gets even easier because you can:
- Sync employees and their information from OnPay to When I Work
- Pull timesheet data, including PTO, Vacation, and Sick time, from When I Work into OnPay
- Use the Positions and Rates you've already set up in When I Work when running payroll
What we'll cover
- What to know before you begin
- Integration setup
- What to do if an employee doesn't sync
- Positions and rates
- Saving and removing the integration
What to know before you begin
Before you setting up this integration, make sure you've done the following:
- Your workplace must subscribe to When I Work Time and Attendance separately from OnPay
- Your pay period in OnPay and When I Work must match exactly
- Employees must be active in OnPay
- Employee email addresses and names in OnPay must match their information in When I Work
- For Time Off balances to appear on paystubs, a policy must be set up and assigned in OnPay
Go to Company, then Integrations. Click Time & Attendance in the list of integration categories.
Click Connect to When I Work.
Before you proceed
Make sure all employee emails are correct in both When I Work and OnPay. OnPay uses the employee's email address to match them with their employee profile in When I Work. Any OnPay employee whose email isn't found in When I Work will not be updated. Additionally, once OnPay has found an email match, the employee first and last name will be updated using the information found in the employee's OnPay profile.
Once you've confirmed your employee information is correct, enter your When I Work Login.
Once connected, you should receive a message that employees have been synced successfully.
What to do if an employee doesn't sync
You'll get this message when OnPay has an employee email address that can't be found in When I Work. Each employee email address and name will be listed under "Exceptions" as shown below.
Emails and names listed under Exceptions will need to be updated in When I Work before these employees can be synced. Once you've done this, you can click "Sync Employees" to sync any remaining employees who were not previously.
Positions and rates
"Include Salary employees in sync" will import hours like vacation and paid leave into OnPay, but not regular hours.
If you check "Use Positions and Rates", you'll see your When I Work positions listed as they are in the below example. Select the appropriate pay type from the menu to the right of each position in the list.
Saving and removing the integration
Changes are automatically saved as you make them. You can turn off this integration at any time by clicking Remove Integration.
Now that you've integrated OnPay and When I Work, it's time for the easy part! Learn how to import hours during payroll using this integration.