Updated September 7, 2023
What we'll cover
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to grant us Power of Attorney for each state where your company has a tax obligation. For example, if you operate in both Alabama and Georgia, you must complete and return a power of attorney for both states.
We've got you covered. All you have to do is fill out your information, sign the form, and return it to us. We'll take it from there!
Department of Revenue
Third-Party Password (TPP) for the Alabama Department of Revenue
You're not required to establish a third-party password with the Alabama Department of Revenue. However, if you already have a third-party password, you will need to provide it to us.
If you're unsure whether or not you've established a password follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Profile settings once you're logged into your AL withholding account
- Click "Third Party Access"
- "Allow Third Party Access" should be set to Yes
- Default Access - Third Party
- Default account access - File & Pay
- Third Party Password > if a password is listed, email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Third-Party Access (TPA) for the Alabama Department of Revenue
- Log into your MAT Account
- Navigate to Manage My Profile
- Select Other Actions...
- Click the Manage Third Party Access link
- If Allowed is set to "No" click Yes (If you've established a Third Party password, it will be displayed here)
- Default access: Third Party
- Default account: File & Pay
- Ensure that "Third-Party Log-ons Allowed/Change Third-Party Password" is set to Yes
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Alabama Department of Revenue
Download the Alabama DOR POA at the bottom of this page and complete the following information:
- Part 1, Section 1: Taxpayer Information - Enter your Employer Identification Number (not SSN)
- Part 1, Section 6: Signature of Taxpayer, Date, Title (if applicable), and Printed Name of Taxpayer
The Owner/operator will need to sign at the bottom of the form.
Email your completed Power of Attorney form to email@example.com
Department of Labor
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Department of Labor
Download and print the Alabama DOL POA at the bottom of this page and enter your business information in the following order:
- Company Name
- Account Number (make sure you have applied for the Alabama Dept. of Labor)
- Type of Entity
- Federal Employment Identification Number (12-3456789)
- Company Name x2
- Signature Date
- Your name
- Your title
- The Power of Attorney Form will also need to be notarized before being returned
- Email a copy of your completed Power of Attorney form to firstname.lastname@example.org