Updated September 12, 2023
What we'll cover
- Third-Party Access (TPA) for the Pennsylvania Department of Unemployment Compensation
- Third-Party Access (TPA) for the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
- Power of Attorney (POA) for the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to authorize us to act on your behalf with tax offices for each state where your company has a tax obligation.
For example, if you operate in both Pennsylvania and New York, you must complete and return a power of attorney for both states.
Department of Unemployment Compensation
Third-Party Access (TPA) for the Pennsylvania Department of Unemployment Compensation
- Go to PA UC Tax Online Services and login in the upper right
- If you don't already have a TOS login, click "New User?" to create your account
- Once logged in, select Employer Profile from the list on the left
- Select Manage Representatives
Select Add New Representative, and enter the following information:
- Representative Identifier: 1916014021
- The effective date will have to be the date you are setting up the account
Request our access to the following Service Functions (may require multiple requests):
- Filing Quarterly Reports and Adjustments
- Contribution Rate Information
- Delinquencies Account Discrepancies
Department of Revenue
Third-Party Access (TPA) for the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
Because Pennsylvania requires Withholding Tax to be filed and paid electronically through myPATH, all we need to get started is your Withholding Tax ID, any one of the following forms of verification:
- Letter ID - A 10-digit number preceded by the letter "L" that can be found in the top right corner of any correspondence received from DOR; or
- Recent Payment Amount - One of the last five payment amounts that have been made for the Employer Withholding Tax (W-3) account; or
- Return Line Item - The Total PA Withholding Tax (Line 2) amount from a recent Employer Withholding Tax (W-3) return.
Once you've emailed your Withholding Tax ID with one form of verification to email@example.com, we'll send you an invitation through myPATH to grant us access.
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
- Download the PA DOR POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete Part I, regarding your business information
- The form will need to be printed and signed before a notary
- The Taxpayer will need to sign the form in ink before the notary public
- The printed form must be signed and sealed by the notary
- You do not need to fill out Part II
- Email your completed Power of Attorney forms to firstname.lastname@example.org