Updated September 25, 2023
What we'll cover
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to authorize us to act on your behalf with tax offices for each state where your company has a tax obligation.
For example, if you operate in both Wyoming and Montana, you must complete and return a power of attorney for each state.
Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
Third-Party Access (TPA) for the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
To be able to file and pay your unemployment taxes, OnPay needs third-party access to your unemployment tax account. Please complete the following steps:
- Log into your WYUI account
- Select Account Maintenance at the top
- Employer Account Maintenence > select Add or Remove Third Party/CDS Vendor Association
- Type of Association: Select Third Party
- Address Type: Select Information Only
- Association Start Date: Enter the beginning of the quarter. For example, for Q2 it would be 04/01/2023
- Click Add
The next page will ask for Reporting Service Details
- Name: OnPay Tax Disbursement LLC
- FEIN: 352647026
- Click Search
- You should see OnPay Tax Disbursement LLC as the Third Party Agent Name. Click on the SELECT hyperlink.
- Click on the Radio Button under Select by Information Only
- You’ll need to add the Association Start Date again
- Click Submit
- You should get a message that the Third Party Association has been submitted.
- Once submitted, it’s sent to a queue for the agency to process. It can take 24-48 hours for the TPA association to be approved.
- Email OnPay at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you granted access so we can confirm.
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
- Download the Wyoming DWS POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete the top section regarding business/taxpayer information
- A business representative or the taxpayer will also need to sign at the bottom of the form, including title, phone number and the date
- Email your completed Power of Attorney form email@example.com