Updated September 12, 2023
What we'll cover
- Virginia Department of Taxation TPA
- Virginia Department of Taxation POA
- Download the form to get started
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to authorize us to act on your behalf with tax offices for each state where your company has a tax obligation.
For example, if you operate in both Virginia and West Virginia, you must complete and return a power of attorney for both states.
Department of Taxation
Third-Party Password (TPA) for the Virginia Department of Taxation
- Log in to your existing Virginia Tax account
- Select "Account"
- Go to "Manage My Account"
- Add us as your Tax Preparer for TAX. Our unique ID is "pcipayroll" and we need level of permission as "Master" for TAX (withholding).
Add us as your Tax Preparer for VEC (unemployment). Our unique ID is "pcipayroll" and we need to be approved for the "Account Summary" and "Quarterly Report & Payment" levels of authority.
- If your business does not have unemployment tax, you may not have a VEC account.
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Virginia Department of Taxation
- Download the VA TAX POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete part 1: Taxpayer Information
- Optional part 2: Keep or take away another agent's authorization in filing this form
- Complete part 3: Tax Account Numbers and Beginning Periods (the first month of the year in which OnPay will begin filing your taxes - formatted MM/YYYY)
- Complete part 5: The Taxpayer(s) will need to print and sign at the bottom of the form
- Email your completed Power of Attorney form firstname.lastname@example.org