Updated September 18, 2023
What we'll cover
- Idaho State Tax Commission TPA + POA
- Idaho Department of Labor POA
- Download these forms to get started
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to authorize us to act on your behalf with tax offices for each state where your company has a tax obligation.
For example, if you operate in both Idaho and Montana, you must complete and return a power of attorney for both states.
State Tax Commission
Third-Party Access (TPA) for the Idaho State Tax Commission
To be able to pay your withholding taxes, OnPay needs to request your Idaho TAP Access Code through the State Tax Commission website. So that we can begin this process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Taxpayer FEIN (as on file with Idaho)
- Taxpayer Name (as on file with Idaho)
- Account Type ( must be Withholding Tax)
- Account ID (must be your Withholding account ID)
Once the above information has been received, OnPay will initiate the TPA request with the state. Within 7 to 10 business days, you will receive a letter from the state with a code on it. Please scan this document and email it to email@example.com.
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Idaho State Tax Commission
- Download the Idaho Tax Commission POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete the following:
- Section 1: Taxpayer Information
- Section 3: Add State Tax IDs to applicable taxes
- Section 4: Signature of Taxpayer(s)
- Email your completed Power of Attorney form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Labor
Third-Party Access (TPA) for the Idaho Department of Labor
To file and pay unemployment taxes, OnPay needs third-party access to your Idaho unemployment tax account. So that we can begin this process, email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Idaho unemployment tax employer account number (EAN)
- Idaho unemployment tax PIN
If you do not have a PIN, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your EAN and request that we initiate a third-party access request. Once we initiate the access request, you must complete the following steps.
- Log into your Idaho Employer Portal
- Navigate to Manage Authorized Users
- Select the Edit hyperlink for the user profile with a pending request
- Select the check box by each role being approved
- Then click Add Selected Roles
- Once completed, respond to our email letting us know the access has been granted.
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Idaho Department of Labor
- Download the Idaho DOL POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete the top portion regarding your business information
- Email your completed Power of Attorney form email@example.com