Updated September 12, 2023
What we'll cover
- Department of Revenue TPA
- Department of Labor and Workforce Development TPA + POA
- Download the form to get started
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to authorize us to act on your behalf with tax offices for each state where your company has a tax obligation.
For example, if you operate in both Massachusetts and Connecticut, you must complete and return a power of attorney for both states.
Department of Revenue
Tax Preparer Approval (TPA) for the Massachusetts Department of Revenue (Withholding + PFML)
For OnPay to prepare and file withholding taxes and PFML contributions for the state of Massachusetts on your behalf, you are required by the state to grant us Professional Tax Preparer Approval (TPA) access for the Massachusetts Department of Revenue via MassTaxConnect.
- Log into MassTaxConnect
- Click the Manage My Profile link in the upper right
- Click the More… tab, and then click View Access Requests From Third Parties under "Third Party Access"
Look for a request from "OnPay Tax Disbursement LLC," and click Approve/Deny
- If we haven't initiated the request yet, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Give Rights column, select the following tax accounts:
- Withholding Tax
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- In the "Granted Rights" column, select File and Pay
- Click Next to review our information
- Click Submit to confirm our access
Department of Labor and Workforce Development
Tax Preparer Approval (TPA) for the Massachusetts Department of Labor and Workforce Development
To do this:
- Log into the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Click Account Maintenance
- Click Third Party Administrator (TPA) Authorization
- Click New
- Enter TPA ID - 112455 and click Search
- Click on the TPA ID (blue) from the list
- Click Modify
- Add us for the following roles by checking the box beside:
- Account Maintenance Update and Submit
- Payments Update and Submit
- Employment and Wage Detail Update and Submit
- EMAC Supplement View Only
Power of Attorney (POA) for the state of Massachusetts
For OnPay to be allowed to communicate directly with the state of Massachusetts on your behalf regarding state tax matters, you will need to grant us Power of Attorney.
- Download and print the Massachusetts POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete the following sections of Part 1:
- Section A: Taxpayer Information
- Section E: Signature of or for the taxpayer(s)
- Section F: Signature of a notary public with a notary seal
- Email your completed Power of Attorney form to email@example.com