Updated November 2, 2023
What we'll cover
- Department of Employment Services TPA + POA
- Office of Tax and Revenue TPA + POA
- Download this form to get started
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to authorize us to act on your behalf with tax offices for each state where your company has a tax obligation.
For example, if you operate in both DC and Pennsylvania, you must complete and return a power of attorney for both states.
Department of Employment Services TPA + POA
Third-Party Agent with Power of Attorney for the DC Department of Employment Services
DC has a single process for authorizing a Third Party Agent and granting that agent Power of Attorney.
- Download and complete the DOES Power of Attorney PDF attached below. A few details you’ll need to include:
- Your business information in the top section of the Power of Attorney form
- Power of Attorney effective beginning (today’s date) and will expire on 12/31/2032 (you can revoke the Power of Attorney at any time in the future)
- The owner/operator will need to sign in the Signature of Taxpayer(s) section
- Log in to the DC DOES website. If you need to create an account, click Register for a new account
- Click Account Maintenance
- Click Select Agent Assignment
- Click add agent
- Enter OnPay’s Agent ID: DC3W1F, and click Search
- Go to "Agent Information" to upload the completed POA form
- Select and assign TPA roles, then save changes
- Your business will be added to OnPay’s DOES account so we can file and pay taxes on behalf of your business.
Office of Tax and Revenue TPA + POA
Third-Party Access (TPA) for the DC Office of Tax and Revenue
Email OnPay at firstname.lastname@example.org once you have updated your DC Payroll Settings in your OnPay account to request that we submit an access request for your DC withholding account.
Once your DC withholding account number has been entered, OnPay will initiate third-party access. Once we have initiated the request, we will follow up with you to complete the following steps:
- Log into your MyTax DC account.
- In your user profile, click the Action Center tab.
- From the Action Center tab, locate the “You have a third-party access request pending” action item and click the “Respond to the Request” hyperlink.
On the Third-Party Access Approval page, you will see OnPay's account information.
- Click Yes to Approve Third Party Access.
- Select File Returns and Make Payments as the Access Type from the drop menu.
- Click Next.
- Click Submit.
- Click OK.
Power of Attorney (POA) for the DC Office of Tax and Revenue
- Download the DC Tax and Revenue POA found at the bottom of this page.
- Complete the personal information section with your business information.
- Authorize OnPay in the Acts authorized section and provide your FEIN and name.
- Have an owner or officer sign the signature section.
- Return the completed POA to email@example.com