Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form PA-501R: Monthly Withholding Return, Form PA-W3R: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation, and Form W2-R: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
Unemployment: Pennsylvania Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
Pennsylvania Local Taxes
What information does OnPay need?
- Pennsylvania State Withholding Tax ID: 8-digit number - Example: 12345678 or 12-345678
- Third Party Access to E-Tides
OnPay will send a third-party access invitation to your E-Tides account. Once you have logged in to E-Tides, please follow the below instructions:
- Select Enterprise Maintenance from the left side menu bar.
- Select Employer Withholding Tax for the tax system.
- Select your business.
- Select Administer Approved Filers from the list of Enterprise Maintenance Functions.
- Please grant Caroline Brown, Payroll Center Inc, access to all three functions listed.
- Once selected, select submit.
- Pennsylvania Unemployment ID: 7-digit number - Example: 1234567
- Pennsylvania Unemployment Rate
- Third Party Access to PA UCMS
- Go to dli.state.pa.us and select the UCMS logo. If you do not have log in credentials, please select REGISTER to create an account.
- Once you are logged in, select "Employer Profile" from the list on the left side of the screen.
- Then select "Manage Representatives".
- Select "Add New Representative".
- To add us at a representative, you will need the following information:
- Representative Identifier: 1613156120
- Effective date will have to be the date you are setting up the account
- OnPay will need the following Service Functions. Each Service Function will have to be requested separately.
- Filing Quarterly Reports and Adjustments
- Contribution Rate Information
- Delinquencies Account Discrepancies
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %) and the Administrative Assessment Rate.
Note: If you have received the document from the state, you will only enter your "Unemployment tax portion" from the document, not the "Total Tax Rate". This information is required. If OnPay does not receive one or more pieces of the information/steps listed above, we may be unable to file/pay one or more of your tax returns.
I am an existing Pennsylvania employer, where do I find the information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Pennsylvania you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings. If you cannot locate these documents, please call the appropriate agency at the number listed below.
Pennsylvania Department of Revenue: (717) 787-1064
Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on the Coupons or Employer Quarterly Reconciliation that you received from the PA Department of Revenue.
Pennsylvania Department of Labor: (717) 787-7679
Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the Contribution Rate Notice (Form UC-657) or Notice of PA UC Responsibilities (UC-851) or Report for Unemployment Contribution (Form UC-2).
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found with the Unemployment account number on the Forms listed above (Top right of Form UC-657).
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Pennsylvania taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Pennsylvania?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Pennsylvania information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Pennsylvania agencies should I register for?
Pennsylvania Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Pennsylvania. If your business is located outside of Pennsylvania, but your employees work or live in Pennsylvania you will need to register with this agency.
Pennsylvania Department of Labor: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Pennsylvania. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Pennsylvania, you will need to register with this agency.
OnPay uses both the home address for each employee, plus the work site assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated.
How do I register with the state?
Pennsylvania Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): (717) 787-1064
Pennsylvania Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): (717) 787-7679
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state. If you want to learn more about Pennsylvania's taxes, click here to check out our Pennsylvania payroll calculator.**