You can add your own HR document templates to OnPay and edit any existing templates. You can also make them customizable with smart fields, plus automatically add them to employee workflows (like new employee onboarding).
Here’s a look at how you can review and edit a template.
- Click on “Templates” under the HR tab on the left side of your screen
- Choose the template you want to edit from the list of existing document templates, or you can add a new template by clicking the plus sign in the green circle.
- You can edit the template’s name by clicking on it and making your changes in the text box. To change anything inside the template, click the options menu on the right, then choose “Edit.”
- After you click the Edit icon, you’ll be taken to a document editor where you can make changes to the text of your template, add or remove smart fields, change formatting, or add page breaks.
- Click the blue “OKAY” button when you’re done and all your changes will be saved.
Please note that making changes to a document will not change it retroactively or ask the employee to resign. If there are large changes to the template, you should create a new document template and ask any employees who are out of compliance to sign the new version.