Employees are able to complete their new hire paperwork themselves in OnPay. This saves you time and minimizes potential errors as new staffers enter the data themselves. If you prefer to take care of it, here’s a helpful article about manually adding an employee.
- From your OnPay Dashboard, click the plus sign (+) under My Team at the top of the page
Click on Workers on the left-side menu, then select Add an Employee
- Build your team will open, select Add an Employee from the menu
- Enter the employee’s name, supervisor name, and email address.
- Under the Personal section, check the box “Invite this employee to fill out their personal information.” Note, that this box will remain greyed out until the basic information is entered.
- If you need to create a new job title under Job Details, click on the box and begin typing. Hit enter to save the new title.
- Once you’ve completed all sections, click “Continue”
- Lastly, click the Personnel Checklist you want the employee to be assigned.
- Add a task for the employees to sign the forms electronically such as I-9, Background Check Release Form, Employee Handbook Acknowledgment, etc. Each will prompt whether the employee need to Complete a document you’re sending to them ((e.g. acknowledgment form) or Upload a file or image (e.g. a certificate). If you choose to have them complete a document, you can select a template for the files here. You will also be asked if this item will Require review.
- To invite the employee to complete their paperwork, Click “Create and Invite”.