Once you've set up time off accrual policies for your company, you can assign the policy to the employees by going to the Employee Menu (look for the two-head icon in the left-side navigation bar).
Then select the employee to assign the policies to, click the HR Tab link at the top of the page, and you will see the Leave Policies.
- Choose from the Vacation, Sick, and PTO options by clicking on the box to expand it.
- Next, select the policy type in the "policy" dropdown.
- Enter an Anniversary Date
- The Anniversary Date tells OnPay when the employee starts accruing time off. This is typically the employee’s hire date if they begin accruing immediately or could be a future date if there is a waiting period during which the employee does not accrue time off.
- Note: If your company's policy is an annual policy, this should be set as the date the employee's balance should reset such January 1st or December 31st.
- If the employee has never accrued time, you can leave the Last Accrual Date blank. If the employee has accrued time, the date would be the end date of the last payroll.
- If the employee has never accrued time, the Amount Available will be blank until they begin to accrue time. If the employee has accrued time, please enter their balance in this field.
Here is an example of the PTO Policy setup for a new employee: