In order for OnPay to file and pay your state tax liabilities, we must first have you add us as your service provider in the Ohio Business Gateway. In order to do this, you must have first set up your business with Ohio and created an Ohio Business Gateway Account. If you have not completed these steps, please use the information below before beginning the steps of adding us as your service provider.
Adding OnPay as your Service Provider
As a Service Provider we cannot access a Client account until the Client has granted us Service Provider access. You simply need to know the Service Provider ID in order to grant us Service Provider access.
How to add OnPay as your service provider through Third Party Access setup for Ohio Withholding Tax, Unemployment Tax, School District and Municipalities:
- Log in to the Ohio Business Gateway
Access the Account Access Management Page
- To begin the access request approval process, navigate to the Account Access Management page by clicking on the “Lock” button in the top right-hand corner of the Gateway.
- Click on the Account Access Requests tab to view the business users who have submitted requests to access the business account.
- Under Requests for Account Access, you will see the name of the business user who has requested access to the business account, the name of the business with which they are already associated, if applicable, and the type of role they are requesting.
- APPROVE THE REQUEST FOR FILING ADMINISTRATOR (do not approve the request for Filer, only FILING ADMINISTRATOR).
- Approve or Deny Account Access Requests: Use the buttons under the “Actions” column of the Requests for Account Access table to approve or deny account access requests.
Click the check (√) to approve account access requests.
If you have been asked to complete this by one of our tax agents, please reply to their email to let them know when this is complete.
As always, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our Client Experience team at 877-328-6505 for any questions.