Updated September 25, 2023
What we'll cover
- Utah Tax Commission TAP PIN + POA
- Utah Department of Workforce Services E-Filing PIN + POA
- Download these forms to get started
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to authorize us to act on your behalf with tax offices for each state where your company has a tax obligation.
For example, if you operate in both Utah and Nevada, you must complete and return a power of attorney for both states.
Utah Tax Commission
Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) PIN for the Utah Tax Commission
For OnPay to file and pay your Utah withholding taxes, we must have the items listed below. Please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- State Withholding Account Number
Your PIN (Portal Identification Number) was included with your business license registration packet
- If you can’t locate your packet, email email@example.com with your account number and username to request your PIN
- Your TAP PIN is necessary for us to access your account for any tax correction or other corrective actions on your behalf.
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Utah Tax Commission
- Download the Utah Tax Commission POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete part 1: Taxpayer Information
- Enter your Account Number in part 3: Tax Matter(s)
- Taxpayer will need to sign at in part 5: Authorized Signature
- Email your completed Power of Attorney forms firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Workforce Services
Electronic Filing PIN for the Utah Department of Workforce Services
For OnPay to file and pay your Utah unemployment taxes, we must have the items listed below. Please email the following items to email@example.com:
- Utah Unemployment Employer ID
- FEIN as registered with the UT Department of Workforce Services
Utah Employer PIN
- This PIN is assigned when an employer registers their business on our website and is mailed to all new employers at their tax address when the account is activated.
- If you cannot locate your PIN, call the Department at (866)-435-7414
- Your Electronic Filing PIN information is necessary for us to access your account for any tax correction or other corrective actions on your behalf
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Utah Department of Workforce Services
- Download and print the Utah Workforce Services POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete all fields regarding your business information
- Owner/operator will need to sign at the bottom of the form
- The Power of Attorney Form will also need to be to be signed by a notary public and have a notary seal at the bottom of the second page
- Email a scanned copy of your notarized Power of Attorney forms firstname.lastname@example.org