Updated September 25, 2023
What we'll cover
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to authorize us to act on your behalf with tax offices for each state where your company has a tax obligation.
For example, if you operate in both Dakotas, you must complete and return a power of attorney for each state.
South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
Power of Attorney (POA) for the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
South Dakota DOL offers two ways to grant Power of Attorney. You can either fill out the Department of Labor and Regulation's EForm to print and return to us or download the pre-populated copy we've provided below to complete and return to us. You do not need to complete both for the DLR.
Option 1: EForm online POA
- Get the EForm→
- Complete all fields regarding your business information
- Does Hereby Appoint POA: Stephanie Mendez - OnPay Tax Disbursement LLC
- Check "Tax Power of Attorney" and enter the following address
675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
- Employer will need to sign at the bottom of the form
- Create a PDF of this form, either by clicking Print Form at the bottom of the form or by using your browser's print option to create a PDF
- Email this PDF to email@example.com
Option 2: Completing the pre-populated POA attached below
- Download the South Dakota DOL POA found at the bottom of this page
- Provide the Effective Date, and complete all fields regarding your business information
- The employer will need to sign at the bottom of the form
- Email your completed Power of Attorney form to firstname.lastname@example.org