Updated September 25, 2023
What we'll cover
- Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training POA
- Rhode Island Division of Taxation TPA + POA
- Download these forms to get started
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to authorize us to act on your behalf with tax offices for each state where your company has a tax obligation.
For example, if you operate in Rhode Island and Connecticut, you must complete and return a power of attorney for both states.
Department of Labor and Training
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training
While there's no state-specific Power-of-Attorney form for Job Service Rhode Island, the state does accept the Federal Power-of-Attorney, IRS Form 2848.
- Download the IRS Form 2848, found at the bottom of this page
- Complete the following information:
- Section 1: The top portion regarding your business information
- Section 7: Signature of Taxpayer
- Email your completed Power of Attorney form email@example.com
Division of Taxation
Third-Party Access (TPA) for the Rhode Island Division of Taxation
To be able to pay your withholding taxes, OnPay needs you to grant us third-party access to your Rhode Island Division of Taxation account. Please complete the steps below:
- Log into your RI DOR Web Portal account
- Select Manage Authorized Users under Profile Information from the main menu.
- Select the Add New Authorized User button and enter the User ID for OnPay: OnPayInc
- Select Next
- Enter the delegation effective start date, the beginning of the quarter in which OnPay begins to file on your behalf. Leave the end date blank.
- Select the Taxpayer Functions button to delegate taxpayer functions for OnPay.
- Select the Assign box for each function you want to delegate to OnPay.
- Make a Bill Payment
- Select the OK Button.
- Select the Tax Type Authorizations button to delegate authorized tax types.
- Select the Assign box and enter a start date for the Withholding Tax Type. Leave the end date field blank.
- Select the Tax Type Functions button to delegate functions for the Withholding Tax Type. OnPay will need both:
- File Forms
- Make Payments
- Select Ok
- Select the SAVE button.
Power of Attorney (POA) for the Rhode Island Division of Taxation
- Download and print the RI DOT POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete all fields regarding your business information
- Taxpayers will need to sign at the bottom of the form
- The form will also need to be signed by a notary public and have a notary seal at the bottom of the second page before being returned to OnPay
- Email a copy of your completed Power of Attorney form firstname.lastname@example.org