Updated November 31, 2023
What we'll cover
- North Carolina Department of Commerce Division of Employment Security RAF + POA
- North Carolina Department of Revenue POA
- Download these forms to get started
Why is this important?
OnPay works with government entities on your behalf, reporting new hires to state labor departments, calculating tax rates, paying taxes and insurance contributions, and filing financial reports. To do this effectively, you will need to authorize us to act on your behalf with tax offices for each state where your company has a tax obligation.
For example, if you operate in both Carolinas, you must complete and return a power of attorney for each state.
Department of Commerce Division of Employment Security
Third-Party Access (TPA) for the North Carolina Department of Commerce Division of Employment Security
For OnPay to file and pay your North Carolina unemployment taxes, we must have third-party access to your NCSUITS account. Please complete the following steps:
- Log into your NCSUITS account.
- Navigate to "Account Maintenance"
- Click "Agent Assignment" under Employer Account
- Click the "Add Agent" button
- Under Search Agent, enter OnPays "Agent ID: 16087" in the blank field
- Click "Search"
- Select the "Agent Authorization" Option
- Assign the following Roles with an "Access Begin Date" of when you joined OnPay:
- Wage Reports
- Tax Rate Information
- You may leave "Access End Date" blank.
- Click "Save."
Power of Attorney (POA) for the North Carolina Department of Commerce Division of Employment Security
- Download and print the NC DOC POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete the top section for employer information
- The owner/operator will need to sign at the bottom of the form
- The Power of Attorney Form must be notarized before returning it to OnPay
- Email a copy of the completed form to email@example.com
North Carolina Department of Revenue
Third-Party Access (TPA) for the North Carolina Department of Revenue
For OnPay to file and pay your North Carolina withholding taxes, we must have the items listed below. Please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- FEIN or SSN as on file with the Department of Revenue for your business
- Business name as on file with the state
- State Withholding Account ID
Power of Attorney (POA) for the North Carolina Department of Revenue
- Download the NC DOR POA found at the bottom of this page
- Complete Section 1 regarding your business information
- The taxpayer will need to sign Section 7
- Email the completed form to email@example.com