Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form IT-101V: Monthly Withholding Return and Form IT-103: Annual Withholding Reconciliation
Unemployment: West Virginia Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- West Virginia State Tax ID
- West Virginia Unemployment ID
- West Virginia Unemployment Rate
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, and Unemployment Rate (as a %)
I am an existing West Virginia employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in West Virginia you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
West Virginia Department of Revenue: (304)-558-3333
- Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on notices received from the West Virginia State Tax Department
West Virginia WorkForce: (800)-252-5627
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly Contributions Report (WVUC-A-154)
- Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found in the Contribution Rate Box on the right-hand side of the Tax Rate Notice.
I am a new employer, do I need to register for West Virginia taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of West Virginia?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain West Virginia information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which West Virginia agencies should I register for?
- West Virginia State Tax Department: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in West Virginia, or for any employees that calculate West Virginia withholding taxes regardless of where they live/work. if your business is located outside of West Virginia, but your employees work or live in West Virginia you will likely need to register with this agency.
- West Virginia WorkForce: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in West Virginia. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employees' primary work location is in West Virginia, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated. OnPay uses reciprocity agreements between states to help decide where a certain employee's taxes are calculated according to those addresses.
How do I register with the state?
West Virginia State Tax Department (withholding assistance): (304)-558-3333
- To register your business online for withholding tax, visit the West Virginia Department of Taxes site.
West Virginia WorkForce (unemployment insurance assistance): (800)-252-5627
- Click here for information on registering your West Virginia business with WV WorkForce Department
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state. If you want to learn more about Washington's taxes, click here to check out our Washington payroll calculator.**