Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Unemployment: Wyoming Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- Wyoming Unemployment ID: 9-digits - Example: 123456789
- Wyoming Unemployment Rate
- If you have already set up and online account HERE then please provide us with the login credentials.
- You will need to have already registered your business with the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Log in to OnPay
- From the main dashboard, navigate to Company > Payroll Taxes in the menu to the left.
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %).
I am an existing Wyoming employer, where do I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Wyoming you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Wyoming Department of Workforce Services: (307)-235-3264
Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly UI/WC Summary Report (Form WYO056)
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found in the Assigned UI Tax Rate box of the Tax Rate Notice
I am a new employer, Do I need to register for Wyoming taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Wyoming?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Wyoming information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Wyoming agencies should I register for?
- Wyoming Department of Workforce Services: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Wyoming. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employees' primary work location is in Wyoming, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated. OnPay uses reciprocity agreements between states to help decide where a certain employee's taxes are calculated according to those addresses.
How do I register with the state?
Wyoming Department of Workforce Services (unemployment insurance assistance): (307)-235-3264
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state. To get a better understanding of your tax estimates in Wyoming, use our Wyoming payroll calculator.**