Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form OTC: Monthly Withholding Return, Form OQ: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation, and Form WR: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal.
Unemployment: Oregon Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- FEIN as registered with Oregon
- Oregon Business ID (BIN): 8 digit number Ex: 0000000-0
- Withholding Deposit Frequency
- Zip Code as registered with Oregon
- Letter ID: the letter ID is listed on each letter mailed to your business from Oregon. The letter ID begins with "L".
- Oregon Unemployment Rate
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Log in to OnPay
- From the main dashboard, navigate to Company > Payroll Taxes in the menu to the left.
- View/Update your Oregon Business ID (BIN), Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and any local tax IDs as required.
I am an existing Oregon employer, where do I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Oregon you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Oregon Department of Revenue: (800) 356-4222
Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their BIN on any notice received from the Department of Revenue or Labor.
Oregon Department of Labor: (971)-673-0761
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found in the top right-hand corner of the Tax Rate Notice you you would have received from the Employment Department.
I am a new employer, Do I need to register for Oregon taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Oregon?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Oregon information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Oregon agencies should I register for?
Oregon Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Oregon. If your business is located outside of Oregon, but your employees work or live in Oregon you will need to register with this agency.
Oregon Department of Labor: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Oregon. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Oregon, you will need to register with this agency.
OnPay uses both the home address for each employee, plus the work site assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated.
Oregon Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): (800)-356-4222
Oregon Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): (971)-673-0761
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state. Use the Oregon payroll calculator for more detailed information about taxes in Oregon.**