Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Unemployment: New Hampshire Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- New Hampshire Unemployment ID: 9 digit ID Ex: 000000000
- New Hampshire Unemployment Rate
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Unemployment Tax ID and Unemployment Rate (as a %).
I am an existing New Hampshire employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in New Hampshire you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
New Hampshire Department of Labor:
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report
- Unemployment Tax Rates: This can be found on your "Notice of Employer's Contribution Rates.
If you cannot locate one of the documents above or the account number, please contact the New Hampshire Department of Labor and request the account number.
I am a new employer, Do I need to register for New Hampshire Taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of New Hampshire?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain New Hampshire information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which New Hampshire agencies should I register for?
- New Hampshire Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in New Hampshire, or for any employees that calculate New Hampshire withholding taxes regardless of where they live/work. if your business is located outside of New Hampshire, but your employees work or live in New Hampshire you will likely need to register with this agency.
- New Hampshire Department of Labor: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in New Hampshire. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in New Hampshire, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated. OnPay uses reciprocity agreements between states to help decide where a certain employee's taxes are calculated according to those addresses.
How do I register with the state?
New Hampshire Employment Security (unemployment insurance assistance): (603)-271-3176
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**