Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form WT-6: Monthly Withholding Return, Form WT-6: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation, and Form WT-7: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
Unemployment: Wisconsin Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- Wisconsin State Tax ID: 15-digit number Ex: 000-0000000000-00
- Wisconsin Unemployment ID: 10-digit number Ex: 000000-000-0
- Wisconsin Unemployment Rate
- Wisconsin Internet Access Code: The access number appears on your Quarterly Contribution Report (UCT-101) sent to you by the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Log in to OnPay
- From the main dashboard, navigate to Company > Payroll Taxes in the menu to the left.
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and any local tax IDs as required.
Once you have the following information, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Wisconsin Internet Access Code
I am an existing Wisconsin employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Wisconsin you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Wisconsin Department of Revenue: (608) 266-2776.
Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Account Number on the form WT-6 withholding coupon or on the welcome letter labeled "Filing Number" sent by the WI DOR.
Wisconsin Internet Access Code: We need this Letter ID so we can add your business to our MyTax account. These are located on the notification letter you received when registering with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development: (414)-438-5395
Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on Tax Rate Notices and the Quarterly Wage Report (Form UCT-101).
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found on the right-hand side of the Tax Rate Notice.
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Wisconsin Taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Wisconsin?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Wisconsin information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Wisconsin Agencies should I register for?
Wisconsin Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Wisconsin. If your business is located outside of Wisconsin, but your employees work or live in Wisconsin you will need to register with this agency.
Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Wisconsin. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Wisconsin, you will need to register with this agency.
OnPay uses both the home address for each employee, plus the work site assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated.
How do I register with the state?
Wisconsin Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): (860)-297-5962
Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (unemployment assistance): (414)-438-5395
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state. Use the Wisconsin payroll calculator for more detailed information about taxes in Wisconsin.**