Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form FR-900M: Monthly Withholding Return, Form FR-900Q: Quarterly Withholding Reconciliation, and Form FR:900B: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal
Unemployment: District of Columbia Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
Paid Family Leave: Department of Employment Services quarterly PFL Report
What information does OnPay need?
- District of Columbia Tax ID: 13-digit number Ex: 0000000000000
- District of Columbia Unemployment ID: 6-digit number Ex: 000000
- District of Columbia Unemployment Rate
- Each year, the District of Columbia sends each employer a contribution rate notice, please ensure your rate is updated in OnPay before processing your first payroll of each year.
Third party agent registration for unemployment tax: You need to add OnPay as your third party agent in your DC DOES portal. To do so, please follow these instructions:
The follow video will outline the instructions below. Click here to view a video guide for third party access.
- You will need a DC DOES Portal account. If you have not created one, please visit the DOES website and click "Register for a new account".
- Complete the attached POA form following these instructions
- Fill our your business info at the top.
- Please your initials beside (2) Tax Matters.
- Power of Attorney effective beginning 1/1/2020 and will expire on 12/31/2030 (you can cancel the Power of Attorney at any time in the future)
- Sign and date the POA form
- Scan the document to your computer.
- Log into your DC DOES account and follow these instructions to upload your POA:
- Click on Account Maintenance
- Select Agent Assignment
- Click Add Agent
- Enter our Agent ID of DC3W1F and search
- Upload the POA document under Agent Information
- Select and Assign TPA roles, we need:
Roles Access Begin Date Access End Date Wage Reporting 01/01/20XX* 12/31/2030** Payment Submission 01/01/20XX 12/31/2030 Account Maintenance 01/01/20XX 12/31/2030
- Click Save
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and Admin Fund Rate (as a %).
I am an existing District of Columbia employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in the District of Columbia you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue:
- Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on notices received from the DC Office of Tax and Revenue
If you cannot locate this document or account number, please call the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue at 1-(202) 727-4829 and request the account number.
District of Columbia Department of Employment Services:
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report (Form DOES-UC30)
- Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found at the top of the Tax Rate Notice in box 2.
- Administrative Funding Tax: This can be found at the top of the Tax Rate Notice in box 3.
I am a new employer, do I need to register for District of Columbia Taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the District of Columbia?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain District of Columbia information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
How do I register with the state?
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**