Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: Form KW-5: Monthly Withholding Return and Form KW-3: Annual Reconciliation/W-2 transmittal.
Unemployment: Kansas Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- Kansas State Tax ID: Example: 036-123456789F-12
- Kansas PIN/Access Code: 6 or 7 digit number. To obtain your Kansas State PIN/Access Code call the KDOR Electronic Services Unit: (800)-525-3901.
- Kansas Unemployment ID: 6 or 7-digit number
- Kansas Unemployment Rate
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and any local tax IDs as required.
Once you have the following information, please email it to email@example.com:
- DOR: E-File Sign-On ID/E-File Access Code
I am an existing Kansas employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Kansas you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Kansas Department of Revenue: (785)-368-8222
Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on the Withholding Tax Deposit Report (KW-5) from the Department of Revenue. This account number typically ends in 01 unless the account has been closed and re-opened.
E-File PIN/Access Code: These are located on the notification letter you received when registering with the Kansas Department of Revenue or to obtain your Kansas State PIN/Access Code call the KDOR Electronic Services Unit: (800)-525-3901.
Kansas Department of Labor: (785)-296-5027
Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the Notice of Liability or Quarterly Wage Report & Unemployment Tax Return (K-CNS 100).
Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found on the right-hand side of the Tax Rate Notice.
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Kansas taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Kansas?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Kansas information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Kansas agencies should I register for?
Kansas Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Kansas. If your business is located outside of Kansas, but your employees work or live in Kansas you will need to register with this agency.
Kansas Department of Labor: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Kansas. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Kansas, you will need to register with this agency.
OnPay uses both the home address for each employee, plus the work site assigned to each employee to decide which taxes should be calculated.
How do I register with the state?
Kansas Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): (785)-368-8222
Kansas Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): (785)-296-5027
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state.**