Which Tax Forms does OnPay File?
Idaho Withholding: Form 910: Monthly Withholding Return
Idaho Unemployment Insurance: Idaho Quarterly Tax and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
Idaho Withholding: Idaho State Tax ID: a 9-digit number that begins with a series of zeros. Examples: 000123456 or 000123456-W or 000123456-09. We must add your business to our Access Idaho online account. To do so we must have your FEIN, State Tax ID, and your company Doing Business As (DBA) name, we will also need your E-File Sign-On ID/E-File Access Code.
Idaho Unemployment Insurance: Idaho Unemployment ID: 10-digit number Ex: 0000000000 and Unemployment Rate.
This information is required. If OnPay does not receive one or more pieces of the information listed above, we may be unable to file/pay one or more of your tax returns.
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
- Log in to OnPay
- From the main dashboard, navigate to Company > Payroll Taxes in the menu to the left.
- Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %).
Once you have the following information, please email it to email@example.com:
- Idaho State Tax Commission: E-File Sign-On ID/E-File Access Code
I am an existing employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Idaho, you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings. See below for the best ways to locate this information.
Idaho State Tax Commission:
- Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Account Number on the Withholding Payment Voucher (Form 910) or on any notices received from the Idaho State Tax Commission.
If you cannot locate this document or account number, please call the Idaho State Tax Commission at (800) 972-7660 and request the account number.
Idaho Department of Labor:
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find their Unemployment Account Number on the Notice of Tax Rate or other notices received from the Idaho Department Labor.
- Unemployment Tax Rate: This can be found in Box 7 of the Tax Rate Notice
- Workforce Development Rate & Administrative Reserve Fund Rate: These can be found in boxes 8 and 9 of the Tax Rate Notice.
If you cannot locate one of the documents above or the account number, please contact the Idaho Department of Labor at (208) 332-3576 and request the account number.
I am a new employer, do I need to register for Idaho Taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Idaho?
- Have you processed payroll with OnPay and received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from OnPay requesting certain Idaho information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Idaho Agencies should I register for?
- Idaho State Tax Commission:
You will need to register with this department if you have employees who live and/or work in Idaho. if your business is located outside of Idaho, but your employees work or live in Idaho you will need to register with this agency.
- Idaho Department of Labor:
You will need to register with this department if you have employees who work in Idaho. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Idaho, you will likely need to register with this agency.
OnPay will use both the home address for each employee, plus the worksite assigned to each employee to determine which taxes should be calculated.
How do I register with the State?
If you are a new employer in the State of Idaho, Please use the following contact information to speak to the departments about registration. Your company MUST be registered with each department before we can pay taxes on your behalf.
Idaho State Tax Commission (withholding assistance): (800) 972-7660
Idaho Department of Labor (unemployment insurance assistance): (208) 332-3576
- Register for your State Tax ID
- Register for your Unemployment account ID and tax rate
- Click here to register your business with the Idaho State Tax Commission and Department of Labor
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state, please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state. You can also use our Idaho payroll tax calculator to estimate taxes for Idaho employees.**