Which tax forms does OnPay file?
Withholding: AR941M Monthly Withholding Report, AR941A Annual Withholding Report, and AR-3MAR Annual Reconciliation
Unemployment: Arkansas Employer's Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report
What information does OnPay need?
- Arkansas Withholding Wage Tax ID: This ID is 11 characters ending with -WHW. Ex: 12345678-WHW
- Withholding deposit frequency requirements (may be updated annually by the Department of Revenue)
- Arkansas Unemployment Account Number (UC Registration Number): a 9-digit ID
- Arkansas Unemployment Rate
Where do I enter the information in OnPay?
If you already have your tax information, or if you have obtained it using the steps above, please update the tax information in OnPay:
- Login to OnPay
- Select the Settings menu icon
- Select Payroll Tax
- View/Update your Withholding Tax ID, Withholding Tax Deposit Schedule, Unemployment Tax ID, Unemployment Rate (as a %), and any local tax IDs as required.
Once you have the following information, please email it to email@example.com:
- DOR: Zip Code as registered with Arkansas and exact last Withholding Wage Tax payment completed on Arkansas TAP
I am an existing Arkansas employer, where can I find this information?
If you are an employer with a history of payroll in Arkansas you have likely obtained the IDs and online accounts necessary for OnPay to process your tax filings.
Arkansas Department of Revenue: (501)-682-7290
- Withholding Tax Account Number: Existing employers can find their Withholding Wage Tax Account Number on payment vouchers or registration notices from the state agency.
- Zip Code: The zip code as registered with Arkansas Department of Revenue. If the zip code does not match the zip code as registered with Arkansas, our access to your account will be denied.
- Last Withholding Wage Tax Payment: Last payment completed on Arkansas TAP for Withholding Wage Tax
Alabama Department of Workforce Services: (501)-682-4500
- Unemployment Account Number: Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report (Form DWS-ARK-209B)
- Unemployment Tax Rate
I am a new employer, Do I need to register for Arkansas taxes?
- Do you have a business and/or employees residing in the State of Arkansas?
- Have you processed payroll in OnPay and have received warnings stating we are missing tax information?
- Have you received an email from an OnPay Tax Agent requesting certain Arkansas information?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should continue with the registration and setup steps below.
Which Arkansas Agencies should I register for?
Arkansas Department of Revenue: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that both live and work in Arkansas, or for any employees that calculate Arkansas withholding taxes regardless of where they live/work. if your business is located outside of Arkansas, but your employees work or live in Arkansas you will likely need to register with this agency.
Arkansas Department of Workforce Services: You will need to register with this department if you have employees that work in Arkansas. If your business is located out of the state, but some of your employee's primary work location is in Arkansas, you will likely need to register with this agency.
How do I register with the state?
Arkansas Department of Revenue (withholding assistance): (501)-682-7290
- Once you click the link above, you will select the Register New Business button at the bottom of the following page.
Arkansas Department of Workforce Services (unemployment insurance assistance): (501)-682-4500
- Once you click the link above, you will select the Register for DWS Employer Account
Note: You are not required to register with the Arkansas Department of Labor until you have paid $1000.00 in wages during a calendar quarter.
**If you have liabilities or employees for more than one state please follow the instructions found in the knowledge base for each state. You can also use our Arkansas payroll tax calculator to estimate taxes for Arkansas employees.**