For New Alaska Businesses:
Please follow the steps below to register your business with the Alaska Department of Labor. Unless these steps are followed in their entirety, OnPay will be unable to file and pay your Alaska taxes.
Register with the AK DOL HERE.
- You will receive an unemployment tax ID & rate after you have registered with the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
- You will receive confirmation of the number in 5-7 days via email, which will be followed by a letter in the mail.
- This tax rate can range from 1.5%–2.23% with a wage base of $39,800.
For Existing Alaska Businesses:
If you already have access to the Alaska Department of Employment Services websites, and have your tax ID number, please STOP, and simply provide us with the data requested in the "Give us your Info" section of the Alaska Tax document. If you have access to the Alaska website but do not have your tax ID, please log into your Alaska account and apply for access to an ID. If you have any questions, please call the Alaska Department of labor at 1-(907) 465-2757.
- Existing employers can find their Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report
- Existing employers can find their tax rate on a Contribution Rate Notice.
- This rate is the combined employer and employee portion and ranges from 1.5%–2.23%
- Up to 5.9% for delinquent companies.
**To get a better understanding of your tax estimates in Alaska, use our Alaska payroll calculator.**