For New Nebraska Businesses:
Please follow the steps below to register your business with the Nebraska Department of Revenue and Department of Labor. Unless these steps are followed in their entirety, OnPay will be unable to file and pay your Nebraska taxes.
NE Income tax
Register with the Nebraska Department of Revenue with the Form found HERE.
- Once you have completed this form, you can either fax it to the DOR to 1 (402) 471-5927 or mail the application to:
Nebraska Department of Revenue
PO Box 98903
Lincoln, NE 68509-8903
- You should receive your ID Number within 2 weeks of completing the application.
NE Unemployment tax
Register with the Nebraska Department of Labor.
- You should receive this number in 7 days after registering online.
- The rate for new employers is generally 1.25%
- The exception being for employers in the construction industry, which is 5.4%.
For Existing Nebraska Businesses:
If you already have access to the Nebraska Department of Employment Services websites, and have your tax ID number, please STOP, and simply provide us with the data requested in the "Give us your Info" section of the Nebraska Tax document. If you have access to the Nebraska websites but do not have your tax IDs, please log into your Nebraska account and apply for access to an ID. If you have any questions, please call the Nebraska Department of Revenue at 1-(800) 742-7474 or the Nebraska Department of labor at 1-(402) 471-9898.
- Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on the Monthly Withholding Deposit (Form 501N)
- Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Report (Form UI 11T)
- Other notices received from the Nebraska Department of Labor
- Your Nebraska Combined Tax Rate can be found on the Notice of Combined Tax Rate that you received from the Nebraska Department of Labor.
- It ranges from 0%–5.4% with a wage base of $9,000.
**To get a better understanding of your tax estimates in Nebraska, use our Nebraska payroll calculator.**