For New New Mexico Businesses:
Please follow the steps below to register your business with the New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department and New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions. Unless these steps are followed in their entirety, OnPay will be unable to file and pay your New Mexico taxes.
NM Income tax withholding
Register with the New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department.
- To sign up, click on Sign Up Now on the right hand side of the page underneath the Login field.
- Select Business as the type of taxpayer.
- You should receive your account number and tax deposit schedule within the same day after completing your online registration.
NM Unemployment tax
Register with the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions.
- You should receive your Employer Account Number and tax rate instantly after registering.
- New employers rate typically vary from 1.00%-2.82%
Third Party Access (TPA)
- Go to user maintenance and add a Third Party Administrator.
- You will need the following information to add a Third Party Administrator:
- TPA Name: Payroll Center Inc
- TPA ID: 500001263
- Please use the following instructions for further assistance.
Please notify OnPay once you have set us up as a Third Party Administrator.
NM Workers' compensation
The New Mexico Workers’ Compensation Act supports the regulation of Workers’ Compensation in New Mexico. It is separate from your Workers’ Compensation insurance policy.
- Employers with 3 or more active New Mexico employees are required to be covered and play a Workers’ Compensation Fee.
- Find out more information from the New Mexico Workers’ Compensation Administration Guidebook.
Please let me know once you have set us up as a Third Party Administrator.
For Existing New Mexico Businesses:
If you already have access to the New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department and New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions websites, and have your tax ID numbers, please STOP, and simply provide us with the data requested in the "Give us your Info" section of the New Mexico Tax document. If you have access to the New Mexico websites but do not have your tax IDs, please log into your New Mexico account and apply for access to an ID. If you have any questions, please call the New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department directly at 1-(505) 827-0700 or the Department of Workforce Solutions at 1-(877) 664-6984.
- Existing employers can find their Withholding Tax Account Number on Form CRS-1.
- Existing employers can find the Unemployment Account Number on the following forms:
- Tax Rate Notice
- Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report
NM Total Tax Rate: Existing employers can find their Tax Rate can be found on the Employer Contribution Rate notice that you received from the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions.
- It ranges from 0.33%–6.4% with a wage base of $24,300.
**For more detailed information on taxes in New Mexico, check out our New Mexico payroll calculator.**