For New Louisiana Businesses:
Please follow the steps below to register your business with the Louisiana Department of Revenue and Workforce Commission. Unless these steps are followed in their entirety, OnPay will be unable to file and pay your Louisiana taxes.
LA Income tax withholding
Register online with the Louisiana Department of Revenue.
- You should receive your Revenue Account Number instantly after registering online.
LA Unemployment tax
Register online with the Louisiana Workforce Commission.
- You will need click the box at the bottom of the page after reading the checklist and then click Begin Application.
- You should receive your Employer Account Number, UI Contribution rate, and Occupational Code instantly after registering online.
- The UI Contribution rate for new employers ranges from 1.23%–6.2%.
For Existing Louisiana Businesses:
If you already have access to the Louisiana Department of Revenue and Workforce Commission websites, and have your tax ID numbers, please STOP, and simply provide us with the data requested in the "Give us your Info" section of the Louisiana Tax document. If you have access to the Louisiana websites but do not have your tax IDs, please log into your Louisiana account and apply for access to an ID. If you have any questions, please call the Louisiana Department of Revenue directly at 1-(225)-219-7462 or the Workforce Commission at 1-(225)-342-3111.
- Existing employers can find their Revenue Account Number on your Employer's Return of Income Tax Withheld (Form L-1) from the LA Department of Revenue.
- Existing employers can find their Employer Account Number (AKA Unemployment Number) can be found on the Liability Letter sent to you by the Louisiana Workforce Commission
- This can also be found on your Quarterly Report of Wages Paid (Form LDOL-ES4).
- Your Unemployment Insurance Contribution Rate and Occupational Code can be found on the Liability Letter sent to you by the Louisiana Workforce Commission
- This information can also be found by logging into your account with the Louisiana Wage and Tax System.
- The Occupational Code will take the form XX-XXXX.
- The Contribution Rate ranges from 0.1%–6.2% with a wage base of $7,700.
**Our Louisiana tax calculator can help you apply payroll tax rates for employees in STATE NAME or other states.**