Steps to Add OnPay as your Service Provider:
Ohio has updated their requirements for us as Service Providers and we need your help completing the following process so we can continue to file and pay your Ohio taxes.
- Please log into your Ohio Business Gateway account and follow the steps below.
- If you do not yet have an Ohio Business Gateway account, and are needing to set your business up with the state, please refer the sections below to Click Here to register your business.
- Log in to the Ohio Business Gateway
- Click the Administration button at the top of the page
- Locate the "Group" section and select the "Create Group" link
- Enter in a Group Name (OnPay) in the box beside "Group Name"
- Scroll down and select "All Access" from the drop downs below:
- Ohio Taxation - Employer Withholding
- Ohio Job & Family Services
- Ohio - Municipal Taxation
- Scroll down and enter our Service Provider ID - A9B3265629
- Check the Box below where you entered the Service Provider ID.
- After you enter the ID AND check the box you will see the button appear that says "Validate ID", click on that button.
- If you get an error stating the Service Provider ID is invalid, try copying and pasting the ID above into the box.
- If you get a message stating the ID is valid, simply click Save.
- You should receive email conformation from the state.
For New Ohio Businesses:
Please follow the steps below to register your business with the Ohio Department of Taxation. Unless these steps are followed in their entirety, OnPay will be unable to file and pay your Ohio Department of Taxation taxes.
- You will be issued a withholding account number by The Department of Taxation.
- This information can be found on the Employer's Payment of Ohio Tax Withheld (Form IT-501).
- Your withholding deposit schedules will also be issued to you based on the combined withholding tax liability (state and school district taxes) for the 12 month period ending on June 30th of the previous year.
- You will be issued an Unemployment Compensation Tax Account Number by the The Department of Job and Family Services.
- This Information can be found on either the Determination of Employer's Liability (form JFS 66314) or Contribution Rate Determination (form JFS 66314).
- Your Ohio Contribution (AKA Unemployment Tax) will also be Issued by this department.
- Your rate can be found on the Determination of Employer's Liability (form JFS 66314) or Contribution Rate Determination (form JFS 66314) forms from this year.
For Existing Ohio Businesses:
If you already have access to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services website, and have a withholding tax ID number, please STOP, and simply provide us with the data requested in the "Give us your Info" section of the Ohio Tax Document. If you have access to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services website, but do not have a withholding tax ID, please log into your Ohio Department of Job and Family Services account and apply for access to a withholding ID. If you have any questions, please call the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
- Register here with the Employer Resource Information Center (ERIC).
- Upon Completion, you will receive your withholding number and deposit schedule Immediately after registering online.
Typically companies are liable for Ohio unemployment if they have one or more employees for part of a day in each of 20 different weeks in the current or preceding year or pay $1500 wages in any calendar quarter.
- You can check your liability and register online using the steps below:
- First make sure to register your business with the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
- Upon completion, you will receive your unemployment number Immediately after registering online
- This takes 3-4 weeks if registering by mail.
- The exception to this is for construction businesses, which are 6.20%
**Find examples, calculations, and current Ohio tax rates in our payroll calculators.**