For Existing Nevada Businesses:
If you already have access to the Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation (DETR) website, and have a withholding tax ID number, please STOP, and simply provide us with the data requested in the "Give us the Info" section of the Nevada tax document. If you have access to the Nevada DETR website but do not have a withholding tax ID, please log into your Nevada DETR account and apply for access to a withholding ID. If you have any questions, please call the Nevada DETR directly at 1-(775)-684-6310.
Unemployment Tax ID & Rate:
- The DETR will The Nevada DETR will issue you a Modified Business Tax account number.
- This number will be 9 digits long
- Example: 012345678
- The rate will be issued by the DETR as well and ranges from 0.47%–6.29% with a wage base of $29,500.
- It can be found on your Notice of Employer's Contribution Rates.
For New Nevada Businesses:
Please follow the steps below to register your business with the Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation (DETR). Unless these steps are followed in their entirety, OnPay will be unable to file and pay your Nevada DETR taxes.
- Register with the DETR online.
- Click the "Create a new online user account".
- You will receive your Unemployment ID Number Immediately once the online registration is completed, in 30 days if registering by mail.
- New employers use 3.29%
- The Nevada Bond Factor Tax is a new tax that was introduced in 2014. All new employers' rate will be 0.29%.
- Businesses subject to Nevada Unemployment tax are also subject to the Modified Business Tax.
- when you register for Unemployment you will also be automatically registered with the Nevada Department of Taxation for the Modified Business Tax (MBT).
- You will then receive your MBT account number with your "New Nevada Employer Welcome Package."
*Please note: OnPay does not calculate nor remit the Nevada Bond Factor Tax or the Nevada Modified Business Tax. As the client, you are responsible for making these payments outside of OnPay.*
**If you want to learn more about Nevada's taxes, click here to check out our Nevada payroll calculator.**